Welcome to The IoT Community
Proud to serve as the world’s largest and longest standing global, independent IoT Community representing the best interest for the advancement, evolution and uptake of the Internet of Things.
The IoT Community® – (Internet of Things Community®) is a privately held UK based and registered corporation, serving as the world’s largest and longest standing CxO community of senior business leaders and IoT practitioners comprising 23,333+ members globally. Founded in 2015, the function of the community is to focus on the adoption and application of IoT in commercial environments, seeking to understand and contribute to applying the technology or overcoming the wide variety of barriers, inhibitors, and technical and operational issues.
Our IoT Community Charter:
Who we are:
We are an open community of practioners developing, deploying and operating Internet of Things (IoT) devices, networks & applications from around the world.
What is our scope:
- Our primary focus is on the adoption & application of IoT in commercial environments.
- We will seek to understand & contribute to applying technology or overcoming barriers, inhibitors, and technical & operational issues such that companies and their customers can realize the benefits enabled by IoT.
- We will contribute to different vertical applications. For examples, our interests include (but are not limited to) these segments: connected car, intelligent transport, industrial, connected homes, consumer electronics, healthcare, and smart cities.
- We will focus on the implementation, operational and economics of IoT such that IoT systems and applications can be developed & managed and the benefits of IoT can be realized. We will identify issues that inhibit IoT adoption and contribute to resolving these issues.
- We will focus on sharing best practices & experiences to educate and enable others to apply these practices.
Our areas of primary interest are captured in our “Areas of Interest”.
- We are open to work on other issues and opportunities that affect IoT adoption.
What we plan to do:
- We will engage in vibrant discussions and share information & insights among the community members through our LinkedIn Group.
- We will create and maintain an information reference source accessible to everyone, with a focus on examples of success, best practices & case studies.
- We will organize virtual and in-person events providing forums to share viewpoints and to learn from the best minds in the industry.
- We will identify issues & work collaboratively to find effective solutions among our members and with standards groups, industry forums, development communities, suppliers or other organizations.
- We will regularly survey and solicit advice from our IoT Community members’ to best serve their interests and priorities.
How are we different:
- We will focus on the adoption & application of IoT in commercial environments.
- We will leverage the social networking environment to solicit and share best practices, information and insights.
- We expect “to leave our badges at the door”. We want to work collaborative and in the best interests of the IoT community to enable and encourage the widespread adoption of IoT systems & networks.
- We will attract a wide variety of practioners with deep experience and different perspectives. We seek to be the community with the deepest experience and widest diversity of expertise covering the entire IoT ecosystem and from the variety of different application segments.
What do we plan to achieve & contribute to the industry?
- We aim to be the place to be or place to come for IoT information and insights on implementation & operation of IoT systems and applications.
- We aim to accelerate the adoption and implementation of IoT systems and applications easier, wide-spread and secure.
IoT Community Executive Management & Advisory Board Members